Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Speaking the Truth in Love

I speak the truth in love, but I do so boldly! Some people might say that I am a narrow minded fundamentalist and the truth is I am a fundamentalist. God can not tolerate sin. There are certain things that I can not tolerate. I can not tolerate abortion and I can not tolerate same sex relations. The truth is that when I sin or when you sin I can assure you that God is not pleased with it. God's ultimate goal for a individual is to restore, not to condemn. However, God can not look on sin and there are certain things that God says are an abomination to Him. As far as America goes, America has become a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. Consider that almost everything in society is geared towards pleasure and feeding the flesh. Most churches (not all) will not preach on sin anymore. They will not stand up for righteousness and proclaim what the Word of God says about how people should live in society. Understand that the moment we were born into this world we were corrupt. Our righteousness are as filthy rags. Our works could never be good enough to deserve Heaven. Only the blood of Jesus can save a soul from Hell. The Bible says that broad is the way that leads to destruction and many will take that road. On the other hand, narrow is the road that leads to everlasting life and few will find it. When a person is saved, he or she has become a new creature. In fact the Word of God says that we are pilgrims and sojourners passing through. That means that we are separate from the World. We are a peculiar people. That does not mean that we isolate ourselves from society. It means that we let our light so shine before men that they will see that there is something different about us, and they will want what we have. Sooner or later if Christians began to tolerate one another, then no one will be able to tell us apart from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment